Non-toxic carpet shampoo that is responsible, intelligent and safe.
Responsible because our ingredients are readily biodegradable to OECD 301 standards and we offer refills to eliminate single use plastic.
Intelligent because our detergents include indigenous, friendly microbes that produce the enzymes necessary to degrade dirt.
Safe because our products are non-toxic and approved by The Allergy Foundation of South Africa.
Our products rehabilitate grey water and are ideal for use in septic tank systems.
Our products are PET FRIENDLY.
- Chlorine bleach
- High VOC glycol ethers
Ethylene glycol monophenyl ether, Alcohols C9-11 ethoxylated, Amphoteric surfactant, Biodegradable perfume, More than 10 million CFU/ml of naturally occurring, indigenous, safe bacteria (Bacillus spp).
Directions for use
How to give your Persian a surface clean at home
- Turn carpet upside down so that the base faces up. Shake the carpet on all four sides for 2 minutes each. This will help loosen dirt trapped in knots at the base.
- Lift carpet and clear the dust and soil that was shaken out. Place carpet right side up and vacuum for at least 10 minutes.
- Use a fine hand brush to brush the carpet in the direction of the pile (the ‘grain’). Never brush in the opposite direction, against the pile. Repeat vacuuming as in step 2.
- Rinse your brush under tap and allow to sundry as you will use it again in step 7.
- Pour exactly 3.5ℓ cold tap water into a bucket. Add 5ml of Mrs Martin’s PERSIAN carpet shampoo. DO NOT EXCEED THE DOSE AS IT MAY DAMAGE YOUR CARPET
- Agitate vigorously to create as much foam as possible.
- Soak the sponge provided in the soapy water, and pump it several times to create froth on and in the sponge.
- When the sponge is saturated with foam, wipe the Persian carpet in the direction of the pile or ‘with the grain’, in long strokes from one side to the other. Usually this will mean from one short end to the other. In the case on a large carpet, clean it in sections. DO NOT SOAK THE CARPET AS IT MAY DAMAGE YOUR PERSIAN PERMANENTLY.
- Lay the carpet on a clean, flat surface to sun dry for at least 6 hours.
- When the carpet is completely dry, use the brush provided to brush the carpet a last time in order to soften the pile again. Do not vacuum your Persian for at least 48 hours after a surface clean.
Please note this is only a surface clean of your Persian and not a deep clean. Deep cleaning should only be done by a professional carpet cleaning company.
Download the Documentation on this link: Mrs Martins PERSIAN Brochure